Friday, November 2, 2007

Italian Meatball Soup

This is another really yummy recipe, I got this one from my sister-in-law.

2 – Tbsp Italian seasoned
bread crumbs
1 – Tbsp grated parmesan
¼ - cup chopped onions
¼ - tsp salt
1 – garlic clove
¼ - tsp pepper
½ - cup thinly sliced carrots
1 – egg
3 – cups beef broth
16 oz – can diced tomatoes
Small zucchini sliced
½ - cup uncooked rotini

Combine for meatballs: ground beef, Italian sausage, bread crumbs, parmesan and egg. Brown with onions and garlic. Add remaining ingredients except zucchini. Cover and simmer 10 min. Add zucchini and cook 5 min. Garnish with parmesan.

Sometimes when I want to make this recipe in a snap I buy frozen meatballs instead of making my own. You could also make up a larger recipe of meatballs and freeze them in the future.

No comments: