Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dill Potato Salad

I have one word for this recipe YUM!  I have never made potato salad before, I guess I always had this perception of it taking a long time to make & that it was difficult.  Besides I'm not a HUGE fan of potato salad since there are so many varieties out there and some just aren't good.  But this one I had to try.  I was in Door County in May and had lunch at The Cookery and they serve a potato salad on the side with their sandwiches and it is so delish!  I had to hunt down the recipe when I got home and this is what I found.  I'm not sure if it's the exact recipe they use, it says it's theirs but I think their's was better.  This recipe was super easy with not a lot of ingredients, I challenge you to give it a try especially if you like dill.



The Cookery's Dill Potato Salad
3 pounds new red potatoes
1/2 cup tangy Italian dressing of your choice
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Thinly sliced green onions and/or freshly chopped parsley (optional garnish) Boil the potatoes until tender. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except the garnish.While the potatoes are warm, cut them into small chunks and toss them in the dressing. Top with thinly sliced green onions or freshly chopped parsley.




No comments: